Occupational Therapy helps individuals to achieve independence in everyday functions such as bathing, dressing, grooming and mobility as it relates to these tasks. The Berks VNA therapist can also recommend adapations to activities such as meal preparation, household management and home environment to increase a patient’s ability to live safely at home.
- Home Safety Evaluations with adaptation recommendations
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Customized treatment programs to improve ability to perform daily activities
- Performance skills assessments and treatment
- Family member/caregiver training and guidance
Who Can Benefit From Occupational Therapy
- Individuals with:
- Physical or cognitive limitations following stroke, brain injury or heart attack, post operative joint replacements, visual perceptual or cognitive deficits
- Severe chronic conditions such as arthritis or MS
- Fractures or other injuries from a fall or accident
- Work related injuries including lower back problems/repetitive strains, burns, spinal cord injury or amputation
How to Start Services
- A family doctor or specialist needs to approve home health services and contact us to request occupational therapy services. Call (610) 378-0481.
- In order to qualify for home health rehabilitation services, you or your family member must have a condition or disability that precludes the patient from leaving the home or that requires a great deal of physical assistance.