Physical Therapy evaluates and treats dysfunctions of movement. A Berks VNA Physical Therapist can restore or improve physical and functional abilities. Physical Therapy can also provide care to prevent the onset or progression of a disease process or impairment.
Specialized programs or disease management enhancements
- Electric Stimulation for the acceleration of wound healing; electrical current near the wound increase blood flow to the wound to facilitate the healing process.
- Ultrasound can be used to speed healing, reduce swelling, decrease pain and increase blood flow to the treated areas. This modality is used in conjunction with other physical therapy regimens.
Who Can Benefit from Physical Therapy:
- People with limitations associated with:
- Stroke and Neurological Disease
- Post operative joint replacements
- Falls and balance problems
- Limb amputation/prosthetic training
- Muscle weakness
- Poor tolerance to functional activity
- Mobility problems related to the heart & lungs
- The pain and restriction of arthritis
How to Start Services
- A family doctor or specialist needs to approve home health services and contact us to request physical therapy services. Call (610) 378-0481.
- In order to qualify for home health rehabilitation services, you or your family member must have a condition or disability that precludes the patient from leaving the home or that requires a great deal of physical assistance.
- In home physical therapy may also be provided for non-homebound individuals under Medicare Part B.