Berks Visiting Nurse Association is proud to provide the only home Psychiatric Nursing program in our community. Our program supports individuals with mental illness to maintain their independence and maximize their potential in the community.
Psychiatric nursing provides psychiatric and mental health nursing assessments, plans of care, and services to individuals as well as community groups. It promotes positive mental health and prevents progression of complications of mental illness.
Who Can Benefit From Psychiatric Nursing Care
- Individuals under a physician’s care with a new psychiatric diagnosis
- Those who have exacerbation of existing psychiatric illness
- Patients on new psychiatric medications
- Those with suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Those with a lag between discharge from hospital and follow-up with the mental health system